Sunday, June 14, 2009

Finally Some Warmth

We actually got to 27 degrees today which is the kind of temperature I enjoy. We haven't had much of this even though we are mid June already. Perfect day with blue skies, sunshine and warmth. Had coffee on the deck, ate breakfast on the deck, enjoyed watching the grand daughter play in her little splash pool. Ahhh life is good.

Still can't help dreaming of retirement in southern climates where the weather stays warm throughout our cold Canadian winter months. I readily anticipate walking along tropical beaches, hiking around towns and cities discovering new sites and sounds. I love to watch people no matter where we are at. Town Squares have always been fascinating and there is usually a bench to be had to sit and observe the goings on. I am looking forward to experiencing Ecuador and Panama first hand. They aren't very big countries but they both have lots of variety with coastal areas and inland mountains. So I know there will be lots to see and learn about.

I would love to learn from others who have already been there. I still find myself searching for information and Snowbird related sites. Seems harder to find them than I expected. Perhaps there aren't as many of us boomers seeking the warmth as I thought or maybe they are better connected somehow? I want to know where others have traveled and what their experiences both good and bad have been. The term Snowbird is not new and it seems to be understood in the circles we travel in but perhaps it is purely a Canadian term. One of Anne Murray's contributions to our culture. What do other countries call people who travel to warmer climates to get out of winter cold?

Snowbird travel, Snowbird health insurance, Snowbird RV recommendations, Snowbird Associations, Snowbirds in Central America, Snowbirds in Mexico.... where are you? I can find Snowbirds in Florida easiest but again that may be related to the Winter exodus from Eastern Canada where there are just more people traveling south than from my province of Alberta.

Any suggestions out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment